NIDHI COMPANY REGISTRATION
Nidhi Company can only do business of accepting deposit and lending money to its members only. It cannot deal with the public directly and can only work with its members. However, one can easily make members under Nidhi Company with few documents and easy process.Also, Nidhi Company registration is the only form of company available to start the loan company in India without RBI approval.
Nidhi Company can open three branches after three years of working within the district. Further, to open any branch outside the district, the company shall require RD approval. Furthermore, the Nidhi Company cannot work outside the state. Hence, if you want to expand your business to another state, then you will need to register another Nidhi Company.
It only requires 7 person with easy documents requirement to start the Nidhi Company. The minimum capital requirement for Nidhi Company registration is Rs.5 lakh.
BENEFITS OF NIDHI COMPANY
- Nidhi Company do not require RBI registration to do loan business in India
- Nidhi Company can earn max 20% interest on loan on reducing balance method
- Nidhi Company can accept FD, RD & savings and can earn 12% rate of interest
- Nidhi Company can open 3 branches after 3 years within the district
- Nidhi Company can lend only against gold, property, FD, Govt securities
- Nidhi Company can deal with its members only & has to make min 200 members
- Nidhi Company cannot do micro finance business & vehicle finance business
- Name Application Through RUN (Reserve Unique Name)
- Digital Signature of Directors
- DIN No Application
- PAN & TAN
- Drafting MOA & AOA
- Incorporation Through Spice Forms
- Share Certificates to Founder
- Bank A/c Opening Guidance
- Certificate of Commencement of Business
For Directors/Shareholders :
- Passport size photos of directors
- Address proof of directors ( Any one of electricity bill or bank statement or landline bill or mobile bill )
- Self declaration about your directorship in other companies
- Aadhaar card of directors
- PAN card of Directors
For Registered Office :
- Rent agreement / Electricity bill of your registered office
- No objection certificate from the owner
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
The real meaning of Nidhi in Hindi is treasure. The word Nidhi is also used to name girls in India. It is said that the girl named with Nidhi possesses a treasure of knowledge and wealth. In legal terms, there is no official definition of Nidhi and hence we borrow the general meaning of Nidhi which means treasure.
Nidhi Company is one of the forms of Non Banking Financial Company (NBFC) which do NOT require RBI approval. The Nidhi Company has been exempted by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) from taking the registration. Further, there is no required for keeping the minimum capital at Rs.2 crore to start the Nidhi Company in India.
Nidhi Company is not governed by the RBI but by the central government and hence the central government has introduced the Nidhi Company rules 2014 in order to better govern the company in a more transparent manner.
No, Nidhi Company does not require any RBI license to start the business in India; this is because Nidhi Company has been exempted by the RBI from its core provisions and hence, there is no RBI requirement for Nidhi Company registration in India.
No, Nidhi Company is not allowed to do microfinance business in India. These are because micro finance is a completely different set of business for an NBFC and require more capital to do the same. Hence, Nidhi Company cannot engage itself into micro finance business. Further, since Nidhi Company raise fund from deposits and hence, if it passes the same to member without any security, then there will be great chances of customer default which will ultimately results into bankruptcy of the Nidhi Company.
A Nidhi Company is allowed to take the maximum of 20 times the net owned fund. Net owned fund means the total fund invested by the owner less any accumulated loss. For example, if you have invested Rs.1 crore, then you are entitled to raise funds up to Rs.20 Crore.